Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Double Swing Cards

So over the holidays I was watching youtube for new ideas and I came across this video for a Double Swing Card. I thought, hmmm... interesting! So I got out my Big Shot and started making cards. Here are photos of three cards I made.

Ok, so for the first card, I wanted to use a new stamp set so I chose the See Ya Later set form the Sale-a-bration Catalog. Oops, did I say say Sale-a-Bration??? I did, didn't I ;).
Well, I absolutely love this set. I also used Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper, also from the Sale-a-bration Catalog. So this is the front of the card.


I decided I wanted to throw in some butterflies, so I whipped out the Big Shot again and used the Embosslits Beautiful Wings die and popped out three.


Here is what the card looks like when it's all opened up. 

Here are two more examples of this technique. They're both Valentine's Day cards but, one is much more simple than the other. I was quite sure how I wanted to embellish the card at first, but I was very happy with my end results.


                                      

 A much more simple version...


Thanks for stopping by,
Erika





No comments:

Post a Comment